Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Picking up on lumenge's statement:

'though I am distrustful of management, I do believe there is potential for some recovery and success, thanks largely to the acquisitions that I view as the best decisions they have made to date. 

At this point in time I feel the above statement encapsulates sentiment here, this is certainly how I feel about things, but I do question whether it truly represents that more illusive construct of shareholder value that two years of application and technical experience developing a first POET product represents.

Owning DenseLight and BB and seeing their products, both those already produced and those about to be brought to market, turning the revenue wheel that should lead to an upturn in SP of PTK represents the green shoots of our investment in a Venture Capital firm which came with high risk and potentially high reward. But let us not forget that the aquisitions were a strategic decision to enable POET GaAs development and we should give management the credit for their wise decision.  

What management now knows is that the cost of development iterations for the GaAs platform is beyond their financial means. A realisation that has determined the need for a development partner.  The search for that partner appears to be coming to a conclusion but not with any degree of certainty.

To me this totally characteristic of a venture firm and we should be more accepting of uncertainty and risk. Why? you may ask. because in comparison to my decision to buy PTK so many years ago the risk I accepted then is considerably reduced, understanding of how to productise POET had significantly improved as had management's experience and standing.

What now seems so long ago I accepted the risk and bought into an amazing 20 plus year technical development in the manufacture of integrated circuits, protected IP with an ever  improving raft of patents.  All that remains here and now with so much more.

I recognise the danger of hyper enthusiasm that lumenge's spells out but let's not let go of that vital aspect of human development - vision and imagination.  Don't let fear overcome motivation.  I support management because I believe they have the same vision - who realistically thought they could get everything right first go.  We really should allow them  some slack for the cutting edge adventure they undertake in our behalf. Do not forget the less visible value built into PTI.

Sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply