Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Before I state the opinion I'll provide the underlying assumptions as follows:

1. Currently, the GaA platform is on hold pending a strategic partner (I believe this to be a stated fact)
  2. A project on hold therefore has no impact on the current level of spending ie. burn rate

While I believe that a successful awarding of this RFP to Poet would be very beneficial to the future development of this platform I get the sense that many on the board are viewing this event as having an immediate, profound and sustained impact on the SP. I for one would welcome this result but I can't help but think that awarding the RFP to Poet may only provide economic benefit years down the road and therefore the market and new investors may not give recognition until such time as there is revenue derived from the GaA platform.

Perhaps we may see some support for the SP in the form of speculative buying which is placing a level of credibility on Poet due to the RFP but I just can't seem to get too excited about being awarded the RFP as it relates to a profound impact on the SP.

I believe there will be greater SP impact as a result of revenues from the InP platform and its customized integrated solutions.

New Message
Please login to post a reply