Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 26, 2017 09:32AM
Oct 26, 2017 09:49AM

I agree with that Z3. The India RFP will be very important to help demonstrate that the POET GaAs platform will have a very significant and impactful future. What is being asked for is indeed disruptive. I think it is the pathway to develop the multiple commercial applications that Geoff Taylor spoke of. And I think it will come with a very significant commitment relative to the importance that this platform could have in transforming India's high tech industry with significant benefits to the Make in India initiative.

In terms of what to expect from POET's financials associated with production out of DenseLight. It is unlikely we will see anything significant until such time that the Dielectric/InP platform is in commercial production unless of course they do make some deals with strategic partners but they know the value and what that platform offers in terms of dramatic cost savings to industry and will not give it away. 

When we began seeing the numerous positions being added at DL it was an indication of the ramping up for large scale production. At the time there was not agreement that this was taking place as some believed it could just as easily be replacement positions rather than additions to staffing. It is pretty clear now that this hiring has purpose and that the components needed to deliver on what industry is asking for are being put into place. 

I think some people have lost patience, some are trading it and others including new investors that have heard the story and are waiting for that show me moment before they buy. I think the India deal might be part show me moment.

New Message
Please login to post a reply