Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Example of a useful year-end letter to shareholders

Dave you appear to be very sincere and we all respect honesty on this forum. But we also like to see measurements. What I mean by that is if you actually take the time to compare the companies (re communications) your conclusion might be a little different and maybe not so black and white? POET definitely should have much more to talk about with a real business,  2 subs, 2 platforms, products in the market, distribution etc.  So there should be more news/presentations issued by POET and there is but consider the possibility that because POET is at a very different commercialization stage which is significantly advanced compared to Lightwave’s stage of development that there could be reasons why they are not providing greater visibility to the market. It is easy to assume the worst with this company given the ringer we have all been through as very long term shareholders. But when you actually do a comparison a very large percentage of news and presentations issued by Lightwave are directly related to Michael Lebby's position within the industry as an expert on PICs. Not specifically their technology but framing the space they are in with PICs as the immediate way forward in the evolution of opto-electronics.  Which really provides POET shareholders with key industry insights if you follow the man.

We don’t talk much about the GaAs platform but monolithic integration utilizing III-V material sets are destined in my opinion to be the next generation as it is pervasive to both electrical and photonics unlike any material sets that are understood today. How long will it take and are the tools available to achieve it are the question marks for many of us. Geoff Taylor says it can be achieved and he says it without reservation and there are patents for so many applications based on his lifetime of research and discovery. This to me is really why it is important for POET to do the India deal. It says something. It confirms our understanding.

New Message
Please login to post a reply