Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I’ll bite.

Baba, POET management will not acknowledge anything about India officially. And to talk about where there are indications would not be appropriate.   But to provide a sense of new management…they don’t sugar coat. In other words I believe that they would be very quick to deny any involvement with the India RFP if that was the case. So all we have to go by is circumstantial evidence which is very strong.

First we should have pretty good confidence that POET is the only technology capable of monolithic integration unless there is somewhere a company in total stealth mode that has never presented to the community. But even if there is there was only 4 companies involved in the expression of interest pre-bid process which was mandatory for a bid submission. POET was the only company that has a monolithic platform for the desired applications in which US defense/NASA funded development of through SBIR grants over many years. It is the unique capabilities of POET which qualified that development and by the way POET could continue funding through that avenue if they wanted to but it is only something they would do “if their back was against the wall” quote, unquote.

So what we know from the SCL annual report.

Integrated Opto-Electrical Technology for IR Imaging: SCL is acquiring GaAs based technology for imaging applications. The technology will encompass imaging through complete monolithic Infra Red Focal Plane Array (IRFPA), IR transceiver employing lasers as well as lasers for illumination applications. Tendering process for the technology transfer is underway.

New Facilities 6 ” Wa f e r F a b L i n e E x p a n s i o n : Commensurate with process up-gradation needs, 6” Wafer Fab-Line expansion is in progress. Clean rooms and other support utilities in the available space contiguous to the existing 6” Wafer Fab Line, are being set up for installation of the Process equipment identified to augment the 6” Wafer Fab Line. MOCVD Facility: For the proposed Metal Organic Chemical Vapour Deposition (MOCVD) system, Cleanrooms and associated utilities are required to be established for which existing available buildings have been identified. Design & technical specifications for installing Class 100/1000 Cleanroom and Utilities distribution to support the MOCVD facility was completed and tendering process is in progress.

The phased development plan that was laid out basically fit POET’s requirements  completely leading us to a conclusion that it was written specifically for POET.

In my opinion at this point in time POET is gaining zero credit for the GaAs platform. Heck it is getting very little credit for anything for now.

New Message
Please login to post a reply