Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

It is I believe much more important to monitor the progress that the company is making. Although people talk about the GaAs platform as a basis for POET’s current progress there is no comparison. It is very apparent that they are progressing very quickly on the dielectric integration. I think we will know much more than we do today in the upcoming quarter as they take the opportunity to fill in the blanks. I also think that people will be surprised by the level of communication that will be provided at that time.

I have talked about NNO in the past. Recently that company talked about working with an undisclosed Tier 1 automotive supplier and that has been enough to move this stock in a big way.

I think when POET can make this connection with what they are doing that will be enough to change the markets perception. In the meantime I would like to thank some of the great posters here that continue to provide insights into the company’s products and the broader industry that will benefit from what POET is doing today.

The projections from the R&R report of development progress appear to be very much in line with commercial qualification results being reported:

Expand available passive discrete component products to include multiplexer and de-multiplexer (mux and de-mux) functionality. At some point early next year, POET plans to introduce AWG (arrayed waveguide) mux and de-mux (mux/de-mux) passive device. This component is now in the last phases of alpha design and set for engineering samples at the BB Photonics fabrication facility through the use of dielectric material (the substance specifications are being closely held, and there appear to be no supply constraints). The component is a key ingredient necessary in using four 25G lasers combined for full 100G transmission speeds, per optical networking and transmissions standards.

New Message
Please login to post a reply