Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

A very interesting addition to the team, from IME.......Dowon Kim.

Professional with more than 20 years of R & D experience in both government and industry research institutes. 6 years of experience as a chemical engineering research engineer in polymeric material processing such as polymer composite materials for automotive and interior/exterior uses. 13 years of experience in optical communication engineering including 5 years of PhD. degree study of optical interconnects based on optical PCB (OPCB). This 13 years includes 5 years of Silicon photonics device integration, passive/active photonic packaging of optical fiber to photonic IC, and optical transmitter/receiver module design and packaging, 3 years of hardware design of 32-channel wavelenght division multiplexing passive optical network (WDM-PON) system.

Currently my research is focusing on modelling and assembly/packaging of optical communication transceiver for 100Gbps, 400Gbps, and 1Tbps solutions. 2.5D/3D packaging of electronic-photonics integrated circuit (EPIC) using flip-chip bonding, through silicon vias (TSV) and through silicon interposer (TSI), and fan-out wafer level package (FOWLP) are the other main research directions. I have experts level of capability in optical communication transmitter and receiver subsystem design ranging from PCB design to assembly and package, and radio frequency (RF)-optic test and evaluation. I am a self-motivated passionate engineer, good team player and have an excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dowon-kim-83bb01134/

New Message
Please login to post a reply