Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

If we recall the discussions at the Empire Club. I wanted to get a sense of whether there was an ulterior motive by POET associated with Accelink agreement. Was it a move to bringing other companies to the table? The answer was a resounding no. They signed with them because Accelink are very interested in the dielectric platform and have the in-house capability to specify and qualify the optical engines for their product line. But at the same time Suresh was very quick to point out that they could talk to whoever they want because the technology is that good.

And as a reminder this is what Accelink had to say in the announcement just 24 days ago:

Dr. Ben Chen, technical director of the datacom and access product department at Accelink, stated: "Poet's optical interposer platform is a step-change advancement compared to other approaches in gaining lower cost of integration and offering a superior method to scale-up to the higher data rates demanded by our customers. We look forward to working with Poet to develop and qualify this technology. Upon successful qualification, we believe we will have an opportunity to gain rapid penetration into key customers and markets, based on both cost and performance advantages."

So it should not be surprising that they are having discussions with an increasing number of potential strategic partners and customers. It is what I would have expected. And if we read into Suresh’s body language (at the EC) I think one would conclude that upon discovery of what the POET optical interposer platform is these engagements would result in a “love at first sight” event where as Suresh says they will be eager (paraphrase) to engage.

Mar 29, 2018 12:34PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply