Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dave > Frustration levels are high and I am personally teater tottering back and forth between support and concern. I know ....... more time and patience. 

This is why it is important to try and gain an understanding of what it is they are doing. To recognize how long it takes to go through the steps to bring new products based on a new platform to market. We are extremely fortunate to now have agreements in place with a couple of very big companies that are interested in becoming part of this new technology and they are doing it because they see the benefits this will provide to their business. It is very reassuring to get this kind of third party recognition.

In the off topic someone posted about Ayar Labs being one of the winners at PIC International. And we have heard people here talk about how frustrating it was to have Global Foundries do a deal with them. Why not POET? The reality is that Ayar Labs has been working with Global Foundries for 8 years on silicon which is what GF does (it is right there in their wheelhouse). Anyways I responded there for anyone interested. But again the frustration by some can be reduced and even removed when there is a level of understanding which points to the reason why for example it would make perfect sense for GF to do a deal with them. Their interests are aligned with synergies based on the platform.  And the agreements that POET just made are very much aligned to those companies they signed with. It is easy for people to insert doubt by looking at an incomplete view of the facts. It takes some understanding to see the whole picture and not just the part of it that leads to uncertainty. 

Now that POET has these agreements in place to accelerate and enable volume production of new products they may now have the ability to provide some meaningful guidance with their operational update when the financials are released.

That is something that I am looking forward to.

New Message
Please login to post a reply