Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

First I stand by my statement that this company is moving very quickly to develop and commercialize a new technology. Not just any new technology but something that has the potential to create a new model for industry. The higher the data rate the lower the cost relative to all competing technologies. The platform is agnostic to frequency and can operate at all light spectrums which clearly would have implications for a multitude of future applications. POET has its hands full right now with Datacom to address the growth needs of the hyperscale data center market so I believe we are going to see deals for others to advance the development of the optical interposer for future applications like LIDAR for autonomous vehicles.

Suresh says he is humbled by the response he is getting from industry. No kidding. I mean when industry executives look at the capabilities and the cost structure of the optical interposer it must have a very significant impact on what it could mean to their bottom line. Awareness of what the technology offers has got to be growing quickly and I think this is what Suresh is saying.

As far as talk on this forum of the goal posts being moved I don’t understand where that is coming from.

The product roadmap was introduced in the Sept 2017 presentation. It shows the Receive Optical Engines in 2018 and the Transmit/Receive Optical Engines in 2019.

Where did the goal post move to? A new slide “Datacom Production Milestones” replaces the product roadmap and from Sept 2017 and it shows the Receive Optical Engine qualified for product sales in 2018 and the Transmit/Receive Optical Engines qualified in 2019. Again how does anyone come to the conclusion that the goal posts moved?

The reality is that the goal posts should have moved with the added development of the optical interposer which was announced on Jan 29, 2018 but it did not.

Once again I will say that this company is moving as quickly as can be expected. For anyone who has not done so make that comparison I talked about yesterday between how quickly POET is progressing compared to Lightwave Logic and recognize just how effectively POET is executing.

POET’s equipment at SilTerra (Malaysia) is installed, commissioned and ready to rock and roll after just having announced the agreement on April 9 (2 months!). Come on even the most cynical people here have got to be impressed with that one.

Again I will say well done POET management team. Now get the share price up so people can feel better about owning this company. As POET 2018 says the overhang is reducing so let’s see the share price move up to reflect the potential for POET’s optical engines to set a new standard for industry. At some point the light has to go on and stay on.

New Message
Please login to post a reply