Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I think you might want to read the following EE Times article, although it does not contain the word "POET". The article is still fully on topic, I believe, because it focuses on heterogeneous integration. Or to be more precise: on the Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap (HIR), which is currently being developed by the SEMI trade group.

Please read:

Mapping the Future of Electronics

You might like to encounter a well-known name: Ajit Manocha, who is the CEO of SEMI.

And of course, when you hear "heterogeneous integration", you will think "optical interposer".

You might notice that when I picked a headline for this post, I used the article's title. However, I changed it somewhat. I did so on purpose, in order to include photonics.

Let me close with a quote from Bill Bottoms, co-chair of the HIR committee, taken from the article:

"The greatest single breakthrough in the near term will be the integration of photonics into SiP products and efficiently connecting these systems with optical signals to everything else."

New Message
Please login to post a reply