Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 03, 2018 04:29PM
Oct 03, 2018 10:41PM
Oct 04, 2018 02:02AM
Oct 04, 2018 10:23AM
Oct 04, 2018 04:18PM
Oct 04, 2018 09:34PM
Oct 05, 2018 01:46AM
Oct 05, 2018 02:27AM

Regarding the following statement on Slide 26 of the HC Wainwright presentation:

• Active qualification for co-development or contract development is in process with 3 major companies (all under non-disclosure)

I did do a follow-up to  ensure my understanding was correct with the following question:

Is this a reference to the agreements already in place with Accelink, SilTerra and Almae

Although that question can’t be answered directly due to disclosure rules the response I was given does lead to the following conclusion:

Of the listed companies regarded as major companies that could have been referenced as the three major companies (all under non-disclosure) as per the public presentation:

• Macom • Broadcom • Lumentum • Applied Optoelectronics • NeoPhotonics • Intel • Kaiam • Luxtera • II-VI • Finisar • Oclaro • Accelink • Applied Optoelectronics • Molex • Mellanox • Innolight • Source Photonics • Inphi

Almae is a small company: Almae Technologies SAS, a France-based manufacturer of advanced photonic products is well suited for integration into the POET platform transmit engine. It is not among the listed companies and is not considered a major company.

SilTerra is not on the list.

Accelink  is on the list and may or may not  be one of the referenced companies under NDA.

So  I  believe the conclusions in my original post are valid.

There are further interesting comments associated with the AGM that ITTR reminded me of:

from David Lazovsky in the Q&A: "And the customers that we’re engaged with, including the large Chinese customers that Suresh reviewed today, have specified specific electronics providers that they would like us to work with and we are working with those electronic providers in many cases to ensure compatibility of our optical engines with the existing electronics that they’re currently using."

Also from slide 26:

System Integrators and End Users*

• Macom

• Broadcom

• Lumentum

• Applied Optoelectronics

• NeoPhotonics

• Intel

• Kaiam

• Luxtera

• II-VI

• Finisar