Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

An article I recently read suggested that in general, and accross the equity markets, about 90% of all activity is attributable to traders (vs investors).  I'm guessing this is a growing trend, and the reason I mention it is that I think we all have a tendancy when a stock jumps or pulls back aggressively.. to wonder what's behind it.  We are assuming that investors are driving the short term moves, to a greater extent than is actually the case.

I'm not a trader, but I think I understand the mindset of trading a stock.  The good ones, are generally ignorant about a company's core business, or its long term prospects.  They likely even consider this ignorance beneficial for their craft.  

My point, if I have one, is that most dramatic short term moves, up and down, like the ones we just saw with POET, have no underlying meaning.   We might have attributed the recent move up to .44 to be a delayed investor reaction to recent company events, and no doubt some of us have added shares since the news.  But the 90% rule reminds me that even when investors react to a story, the traders pile on, and push the stock further, and faster in either direction.

FWIW.. we've been above our 200 day moving average since late January, and to me this indicates the longer term trend is still upward.  I see no reason this would change, given POET's trajectory, so I fully expect a continued zig zag upward trend.  The zigs are fun and the zags can be annoying, but they should worry us less than they do. 

IMO POET is going places, and I'm glad to be here.

New Message
Please login to post a reply