Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I don't think it will be delayed as POET would want to get approval as soon as they can so that plan "A" can get put into effect. If by some fluke of nature the buyer gets bumped out by those that might not want the new buyer in control of DL it could get complicated and plans being put into place might have to be significantly altered. 

My guess is that until shareholders approve the sale and really get behind what the new owner offers to POET that it is unlikely the new buyer will order new equipment and expand the operation. I think POET really wants this buyer in place and will do everything they can to ensure that shareholders don't accept a seemingly superior offer if it happens. 

The consequence of this would be fairly predictable. If a company becomes unsuccessful in a counter bid for DL because shareholders say no then they up the ante and try and buy POET. This is why I am convinced that POET has to have deals in place with multiple parties so no one feels threatened by the buyer of DL.

New Message
Please login to post a reply