Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dave, I find you post most interesting, not for what it says, but rather, for what it doesn't. You reference a hoped for outcome? Is that from a business viewpoint or a shareholders viewpoint? Is the shareholder's desired outcome an immediate and sharp increase in shareprice. Is that desire based on the name value or "brand "of the purchaser? Or is the desired outcome a solidifying of the company's gameplan or roadmap? 

If it's the first part, then there may be some "disappointment" because it surely isn't Intel or Samsung or  Texas Instruments that is buying Denselight. According to management, the buyer is financially sound and "highly qualified". So that could be anybody with good finances and a really good understanding of III-V materials and Indium Phosphide substrates. So, people who don't have a big picture view (most investors of Venture stock) may consider the sale of Denselight as a negative, becaues it appears the POET is selling their only income generating asset.

NOW. if it (the sale) is seen from a business perspective, then there is plenty of upside. The ledger loses a huge piece of overhead, cash is available to ramp up production at Silterra and elsewhere, product qualification bridge finance is covered and there are funds for the next gen of product development and innovation (Ottawa, UK, Santa Barbara).

I will not despair if the shareprice does not jump on the annoucement of the DL buyer. The partnership terms of the sale may move the needle a bit, but actually, I will be satisfied if the shareprice holds at that point. I expect the shareprice to start to increase once the qualification period ends, the product contracts are announced, the buyers of the products named, the Almae/POET transceiver reach the marketplace, a broader analyst base develops and "the layman's view" video of the POET story is released, so that a larger investor audience is reached

IMO, of course

New Message
Please login to post a reply