Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Very interesting viewing.  

First intriguing point is that Mark Nowell is based in Kanata Ontario, (near Ottawa).  

Everything mentioned in the presentation, is consistent with POET's "pivot" in about 2016-2017, and the CISCO product/strategy presented is very in line with POET's OI. 

But not everything was.  In the "Optics Deployment" slide, 4 acquired companies are listed; Lightwire, Luxtera, Ocore Optics and Acacia.  I'm still unclear as to how the supply chain might work and where (or whether) POET would fit into that mix. 

He also alluded to the fact that there was complimentary technology that represented a "BETA vs VHS" situation.  So many acronyms to work through, and I get confused easily by all of them. 

And then there is this "universal adoption" angle, which we should all be VERY interested in.  The 3 bodies he mentioned were IEEE, MSA and OIF all of which are responsible for the best interests of the end users; ie, it's more efficient and logical to work towards one universal platform rather than multiple.  

I'd be curious to hear comments that link POET as members of any or all of those entities because I couldn't find any links.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply