Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I absolutely love rereading these events. Thank you Rogue for transcribing for us. I am no longer going to get emotional on any drop in share price. I have a quiet confidence, almost smugness with my holdings in this company. Thank you all for your contributions. There are many great take aways but I like this part. Besides cost savings look at this as a sales pitch. I bolded here.

[18:38] But suppose we want to move to 200G which more companies are considering now that 400G has been pushed out about a year because of the technical challenges. We can use the same device, but encode a software algorithm called PAM-4 into the control electronics and we now have a 200G engine without any changes to the optical engine itself. To move to 400G, we substitute externally modulated continuous wave lasers for the directly modulated lasers, the DMLs, used in 100 and 200G devices. For 800G, we either double the number of lanes on the OI or use even higher speed modulators to achieve those speeds. In other words, one investment yields multiple devices giving many companies a path to higher speed that they previously didn’t have other than designing a new device with every evolution.

[19:41] POET OI is a disruptive platform technology. We have the basic building blocks and essential compatibilities in place for 100 and 200G transceiver markets. We have them for the 400G and 800G transceiver markets. We have them for segments of the 5G infrastructure market. We have them for segments of the global passive optical network market. We have them for LIDAR. And we have them for the on-board optics market, which for us is the most interesting market, because of the potential parity with the semiconductor market which is massively larger than the current optical market.

New Message
Please login to post a reply