Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I have to agree with FJ's first paragraph. From what I understand, Taylor did indeed feel rejected and saddled with management's view, escpecially Ajit, that he had misled them on the viability of the GaAS platform. Dr Taylor, on the otherhand, knew that further work was required, but was assured the new management would find deep enough pockets to finance the necessary work.

You will recall Suresh, at the townhall, reassuring us that the heavy lifting was done and it was now just a matter of "engineering" Turns out it was engineering that didn't exist at the time!

Then came the life threatening septic infection that occured as the result of knee replacement surgery for GT.

I don't think Geoff has seen any new light, but he is a VERY proud man and slowly, but surely, found the solution to a problem that management could not, within the budget at the time, solve. Astute as ever, he also now co-owns the solution, by way of patent, should the GaAS platform be revisited and POET then come calling.

IMO, of course

New Message
Please login to post a reply