Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Nov 20, 2020 10:34PM
Nov 21, 2020 08:55AM

Thanks, Rogue, much appreciated.

Wow, there is a whole lot to unpack here for this little brain, but Tom has done a magnificent job of explaining all. I don't think anyone could have done any better. We could be at the center of the universe in short order in this industry. There is so much to talk about here in what he has presented, but I will mention only one of the many things that caught my eye right now.

I particularly like the 'devices that are exceeding expectations' and the 'long list of customers'

[17:24] Our short term business plan is to make prototypes of these devices that we call optical engines which contain all of the elements of a device that deal with the light. For several applications. And we are dealing with those applications with potential customers, and we are going to be providing those as samples to customers within the next few months.

Right now what we are doing is we’re taking data from our optical interposer based prototypes and providing that data to a long list of customers that we’ve engaged with over the past two years… primarily in PowerPoints, and all but a few of those companies have said to us “We understand what you are doing. We think its great. Come back to us when you have some data and you have a device that you can share with us.” So we’re now at that point of being able to do that… to provide data on the performance of devices which is actually exceeding our own internal expectations for how well they are performing. And we are going to be sampling our prototypes for qualification.

[18:50] What happens in this business is you’ve demonstrated a technology. If the customer is interested you enter into a design-in phase. And that design phase will take 3 to 6 months of adapting our optical interposer for their particular application. And then providing prototypes which are evaluated. Typically they are what we call beta prototypes. And those prototypes then go into qualification. No customer wants field failures of their devices once they are out in the field. So it’s a very rigorous qualification process that operates for… depending on the company or depending on the application, for 3 or 6 or 9 months. Once they are qualified they go into full production. So we are right at the precipice of being able to go back to customers and prove that we can do what we told them, over the last two years, that we could do. And it’s a very long list of prominent companies in North America and in China.

[20:10]

Nov 21, 2020 11:29AM
Nov 21, 2020 12:30PM
Nov 21, 2020 01:40PM
Nov 21, 2020 05:30PM
Nov 21, 2020 06:41PM
Nov 21, 2020 09:12PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply