Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Nov 23, 2020 06:23PM
Nov 23, 2020 07:06PM
Nov 23, 2020 07:30PM
Nov 23, 2020 08:48PM
Nov 23, 2020 09:02PM
Nov 23, 2020 09:07PM
Nov 24, 2020 01:17AM

I think that line of reasoning is very plausible Baba especially in the era of COVID. That being said the need for a POET solution gets more pronounced as people adapt to working from home and remote learning becomes more of a necessity. Along with that trend we are seeing a cottage country real-estate boom and the need for improved communications to service those areas as people decide they want to work from a home in the country.

We had an outage to our main internet and cable TV service provider that impacted our neighborhood which is a rural setting on the Niagara Escarpment. It was amazing to see the number of people out for walks during that outage. One neighbor said she had to get out of the house because her husband had a zoom business meeting scheduled and he was stressed out about missing it.

Anyway I think POET is really looking forward to releasing more news.  I asked whether Suresh could provide a letter to shareholders last week to explain the situation with the current stock price. The response  was  we don’t  issue letters we issue news releases and if we  did  issue a letter there would  still be an element of people who would find reasons to be critical  of  it.

Issuing news with hard facts of the POET optical engine performance I think is going to garner a lot of attention both in the industry and the investment community. The competition is going to freak out when they see hard numbers demonstrating a step change in performance and cost improvement over anything that is available today.

I also think that POET would welcome the opportunity to exercise options so that new ones can be added to the option pool.  I don’t think funds will be an issue unless they are planning some M&A in the near future.   

It is interesting that Ballard Power just got cut from a buy to a hold by HC Wainwright and the stock continued to climb to a 15 year high. Not only that but they just announced a bought deal financing of US$250 million led by National Bank and Raymond James. There is money out there and I  think POET could become a darling stock as news circulates.

New Message
Please login to post a reply