Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: A Christmas Joint Venture -- Flip Chip Video transcript

Clydes, a great post!  So, you're the guy I sold my shares to for $2.87!  LOL, don't I wish! I admire that you were willing to admit to what has become an iconic buy over the last 6 or 7 years!

Actually, I really did think the EC Event would be a sell on the news circumstance due to the great run-up for the two or so months prior, but the darn stock began to sell off, what, a week or so before the Event.  Besides, I only had a small fraction of the shares I've accumulated since that time.  I originally bought on the hope that Opel had found a way to limit the times one had to charge one's cell phone. 

I started buying more when Ajit introduced us to Suresh; I was fortunate to be at the first two AGM's that involved Suresh and I was duly impressed. I'm hoping it was fortunate that the share price got down to levels that made it relatively easy to establish a lower average cost., and, as we all know, we've had more than enough time to do that.   

That first AGM I attended, wow, there were some pretty heavy hitting shareholders present, led, of course, by Mazan. He was kind enough to buy a significant group of us a very nice dinner the night before the meeting.

Maple Syrup was at the meeting, and several others with whom we are all familiar.  There was significant intrigue for the as yet to be initiated (ie, me), with people running back to their respective hotels after the meeting ended to call who knows who and report who knows what, or maybe to buy or sell shares!  My best guess is that Maple Syrup had a conversation with the then current iteration of Fairchi!

I think everyone who's been around for at least three or four years has learned a lot - about photonics and about Poet stock. I'm hoping the learning and the enjoyment of being a part of this board can continue for a long time.

New Message
Please login to post a reply