Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Good morning.

Alpine Optoelectronics and Tower Semiconducter are fishing in our waters. Beta Samples of a new 100g tranceiver are now delivered to a strategic partner.  I cant find a connection to Poet or our MPW RollOut.  here s the news:

https://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2021-02/51896521-alpine-optoelectronics-delivers-single-wavelength-100g-dwdm-qsfp28-pam4-transceiver-for-100km-interconnects-399.htm

Compared to coherent 100G DWDM transceivers, Alpine's 100G DWDM QSFP28 PAM4 module offers a disruptive price point and considerably lower power consumption for high-speed extended reach data center interconnects (DCI) and high-density intra-datacenter connectivity. In addition, inherent low latency makes it favorable for delay sensitive applications, such as edge computing and financial networking.

"Silicon Photonics technology reached maturity and wide acceptance in the market by 2021," commented Dr. Vladimir Kozlov, CEO of LightCounting, "but performance of devices based on this technology continues to surprise us. Alpine's latest product sets another new record in performance and there are probably more to come."

"Alpine Optoelectronics is proud to deliver our new 100G DWDM QSFP28 PAM4 transceiver to our strategic partners serving the DCI and intra-datacenter marketplace, and they are impressed with the outstanding performance enabled by our nCP4 Silicon Photonics platform," said Tongqing Wang, President and CEO of Alpine Optoelectronics. "Building upon our strong success with 40G DWDM QSFP+ PAM4 optics already in mass production and our deep understanding of DWDM systems, this new 100G DWDM QSFP28 transceiver offers our customers and partners a clear, cost-effective, and flexible path to higher-speed and higher-density optical networking solutions."

I still think we are ahead of the curve, but in conjunction with their darpa sponsored efforts in integrating lasers, i appreciate the managements pedal to the metal way of doing things.

Cant wait for our first products and metrics.

Have a great day

New Message
Please login to post a reply