Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: My Experience with Small Caps listing on the Nasdaq

I am a recent investor in PTK, very intriguing disruptor. This board is also excellent. I totally agree with the prior post by Lumenge, that the immediate priority is getting SuperPhotonics up and running. However, since I wrote this post before seeing his/her comments, I will post this anyways.

It has been my experience with the stocks I have owned moving to the Naz, that the following often occurs.

1   1.  Stock run up on announcement company is going to go to Naz. Ptk had that run

2.      Upon announcement of the split ratio, the stock has a little surge as people buy more shares to get their shareholdings in proportion. i.e., The split is 12 for 1 and you have 10,000 shares, you then buy 2,000 shares so you will have 1, 000 shares upon split. Not everyone does this, but a lot of people do.

3.      A US investment firm or fund will be engaged, and the company announces a large financing (often at a discount to the Cdn sp where you are not a large sexy name) and there may be warrants attached.

4.      Depending on the firm or fund, there may be games played with the sp and warrants while there is a black out period for listing on the Naz and the sp will be pushed down—this year we have also seen many stocks jump first day, I am not sure PTK is sexy enough and well known enough by US investors to have the anticipation and demand needed for this to occur, but hope I am wrong.

5.      As the blackout/games end, the stock then is promoted and starts to rise to its natural level.

So, while in the end, Lumenge is 100% correct, execution and business advancement are the most important future drivers, whether the Naz will the shot in the arm for the sp some would hope for is not a given in IMHO.

New Message
Please login to post a reply