Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dear Shash,

It's really good that you comment on the spats that occur on the board it certainly takes a lady to remind us blokes not to let our egos rule our behaviour.

In the context of such well defined Agoracom rules, these alone should be sufficient for all to know how to behave properly towards each other.  But experience tells us that's never going to happen. Indignation and a afront at what someone has written about us as individuals or what we believe, will inevitably enrage one at some point.  

I feel that there should be another Agoracom rule and that is not to respond or post whilst feeling angry or indignant.  Draft something by all means, to alleviate one's immediate emotions, but for heavens sake don't send until the situation has had time to soak and rational behaviour and judgement is restored.  Saying nothing when insulted is often more powerful than reacting and exposing ones weaknesses  i.e. the 'Turn the other cheek' philosophy.

Having said the obvious and off topic, I would like to observe that when the board gets tetchy and irritated, as it seems to be at the moment, it has usually proceeded some significant happening to POET as if our unease is preemptive.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply