Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Perhaps true Shash, but Denselight has gone from strictly a laser/diode maker to much more as indicated in their announcement with AMF, signing a memorandum of understanding to develop silicon photonics solutions.  Jointly, they are developing an integrated "low loss - low cost" silicon photonics optical engine with "integrated" laser light source.  I suppose it's possible they were inspired by what they learned developing the OI and invented their own competing equivalent product with their own foundry partner, but its just as likely they saw an opportunity in the OI or some variation thereof to apply the technology to suit their needs. Is there a reason they can't be a customer and a supplier, a pivot of their own so to speak?  

I'm not saying there is that type of relationship, especially with the perceived "falling out" between the two. However, with so much unknown (to us) I just don't think one can completely rule it out unless the company is on the record stating unequivocally that type of relationship does not exist.

https://www.denselight.com/news10sep2020.html
link courtesy of Orange Cat

New Message
Please login to post a reply