Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dear LookinGIntoIt
Bringing an innovation to the market is a process.
Companies, resist new ideas and products, sometimes even kill new products or services and finally accept them only reluctantly.
For instance, television took more than three decades to become a mass medium in the United States—from the first experimental broadcasts in the late 1920s to widespread acceptance in the 1960s.
Companies hostility to innovations becomes stronger when players are interconnected. In a networked market, each participant will switch to a new production process only when it has to. The players’ codependent behavior makes it tougher for companies to dislodge the status quo than if each participant were to act autonomously.

Suresh Venkatesan at Empire Club presentation
« And I think one of the challenges we face is… it’s a question I get asked all the time, I’ve already placed all of this infrastructure I already have all of these tools. What am I going to do with it? So that kinds of harkens back to that music analogy At the point of disruption it is sometimes painful. Especially the folks that are kind of used to doing things a certain way. But over time it becomes the new normal. And that’s what we hope and expect to develop as we proliferate our technology in the market. »

Innovators, therefore, have two challenges: First, they have to unravel the status quo systematically. Second, they have to create a new status quo, where many players have adopted the innovation and believe they are better off because of it.
That’s why I’m saying let our potential customer do the talking.

And they do, POET getting mentioned in economical reports in the headlines is one first visible step for investors.

Cheers

New Message
Please login to post a reply