Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I know we have all been in a state of frustration as of late. Some more than others. For me its the timeline. My personal needs aren't parallel to Poet's, not their problem. However I'm hopeful things progress enough for me to take full advantage of Poet's success. 

I was just rereading the transcript that Rogue posted from our recent Q/A and was drawn to the European client. 

[AB, 25:50] Going from China over to Europe. What is the status of the relationship with the “Leading European Optical Systems Company” for the 400G data center application? …mentioned in a previous release in Sept. 2020, I believe.

[SV, 26:05] We’re working really closely together. We’ve completed the designs. The designs are running in the fab. We’ll get wafers back in January. We’ve grown this relationship so it’s a couple of different product lines… two different opportunities, CWDM4 as well as LR4. We’re executing our plans. Obviously, this customer is committed. We’ve got advanced PO’s for the product. Their customers are excited about the products that we’re building. That part of the relationship’s going well. I wish we could convert a lot of the other deals we’ve got going as quickly so we can execute the plans there. But, this is going really well.

In my opinion I think what we were hoping for from the NA tier 1 in the way of recognition is going to start here. Suresh said some very interesting things here that I highlighted above and below. I also think we have a very good chance of working with the NA customer down the road.

So we are doing this in parallel with all of our other activities so we are not really just focused only on this. We’re keeping the dialogue going, we’re providing status updates, and when we think we are ready with a value engineered product, then we will re-engage. But at this point in time we’re still in the development phase of the product that had been defined back in 2020.

If I understand it correctly. A very big change has to take place for the NA customer to move forward. I can't say I blame them for being 100% certain first before they implement a whole new technology and then probably start conservatively as far as orders go. " incumbent"

Poet is working with them but according to Suresh's statement they get equal time for development like everyone else. I was happy to read that point.

Now Suresh is very enthusiastic when referring to the European customer. I believe this is a brand new engine and design that can be used from the get go.New data centers that will be built. But I don't fully understand that in its entirety so I won't comment any further.

But in my opinion when the European product is ready I think we get the NR we are looking for and takes our SP up. Not the only one but a major catalyst. Again just my opinion. Hoping for the best!

New Message
Please login to post a reply