Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Feb 26, 2022 07:41PM
Feb 26, 2022 09:14PM
Feb 26, 2022 10:30PM
Feb 26, 2022 10:40PM
Feb 26, 2022 11:22PM

Obviously several of us (inlcuding me) assumed they'd pay out "cash in lieu" for fractional shares but according to the Articles of Amendment filed on SEDAR that assumption was a mistake

B. The classes and any maximum number of shares that the corporation is authorized to issue:
The Articles of the Corporation are amended as follows: 1. To consolidate all of the issued and outstanding common shares of
the Corporation (the “Common Shares”) on a 10:1 basis; such that every ten (10) pre-consolidation Common Shares shall be consolidated into one (1) post-consolidated Common Share (the "Consolidation"). 2. No fractional Common Shares will be issued upon giving effect to the Consolidation. All fractions of Common Shares post-Consolidation will be rounded down to the next lowest whole number and no cash will be payable in lieu thereof. [emphasis mine]

The press release mentions the rounding down but leaves out that little tidbit about no cash:

No fractional Common Shares will be issued as a result of or upon the Consolidation. All fractions of post-consolidation Common Shares will be rounded down.

I figure it's no big deal because there can't be too many people who hold a number of shares which isn't evenly divisible by 10, and even those people who do can't lose more than $6 US (9 shares * .59 closing on 2/25 = $5.94). Still, my portfolio has seen many a merger or reverse split that could result in fractional shares and I think this is the first time I didn't either get to keep the fractional shares or get paid cash in lieu for them.

Mar 02, 2022 09:19AM
Mar 02, 2022 09:29AM
Mar 02, 2022 09:44AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply