Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Rockley’s valuation at IPO was $1.2B. Today with 129 million shares outstanding and trading at .95 it has shrunk to ~$115 million.  Crunchbase reported Rockley funding is $438.5 million. 

Many here have expressed our opinions that Silicon Photonics is not going to cut it for medtech wearables. Indeed Suresh has weighed in on this telling us that the POET platform is better and everything we know about POET’s ability to shrink the optical engines, filtering capabilities, performance and power, cost advantage … confirms this.

So where will investments go as they depart Rockley? 

Rockley did not have to show any sales to get that funding. 

My personal opinion is that POET will be financing once certain milestones are met. And that financing will be with funds who recognize what POET’s future holds and will bring POETs valuation up to where it is expected to be based on future earnings. That financing is needed to enable POETs advanced applications. 

What could those milestones include:

Confirmation of a high volume supply of DML lasers.

Confirmation of NA and/or European Tier 1 customer relationship (names).

Confirmation of line production as designed at SPX which I believe I received during the Q&A.

Confirmation of multiple application viability.

POET has done so much with so little. Imagine what they could do with the kind of money Rockley has received.

In the short time that I worked on this post Rockley's share price has dropped to $.91. Lots of volume though.

New Message
Please login to post a reply