Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Way back in the '90's I was a coordinator for field services in the telecom industry. We used to speak of how many hundreds of thousands of dollars were lost per second per single fibre during an outage. Fast forward to today and think how much data and what data is being transmitted over those fibres. How many millions of dollars could be lost per second during an outage. Naturally there is trepidation to adopt something new, particularly by the established data centres. Why would they put current customers data transmissions in any danger? Why would they put themselves in danger by using something new? The cost of reparations for lost data far out weigh the savings that the OI can deliver. Let someone else be the Guinea pig. 
As Suresh has said, small, boutique companies will adopt first and prove, in use, the capabilities of the OI. Once those engagements are solid we will see the big slow moving companies join in. 

Only my opinion, but I believe that what we are seeing in lack of forward movement  in customers and share price proves this to be true. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply