Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Hot topic. Just to clarify my understanding based on the people I talk to. I am not going to make references to these people because that would not be cool and we do not want to compromise good relationships.

So the understanding I came away with: First the acceleration clause of the repriced warrants are not at management's discretion. In the  past I have seen the escalation clause trigger being left up to management to enforce once conditions are met. That is not the case in this instance. 

That being said I was advised that the majority of those warrants were under institutional control and as such raising cash to exercise should (presumably) not be a concern. Does not mean there will be no pressure but in my opinion the amount of pressure will be determined by the market response to news between then and now. Traders and investors look precisely at warrant expiry dates to time new purchases or to sell.  But that requires weighing the news flow and expectation of material announcements to determine the expected demand for that stock. It is easy to get fooled either way (unless your name is Baba...good one).

I have also heard that there is still buying in the market from large holders of those same warrants which if true would certainly be kind of a first for POET as those who have been here as long as many of us know.

Our strength is that we as a group have a very good understanding of what POET has and where it could take the share price. 

Now on the subject of the debenture warrants. I do not have the luxury of exercising those warrants without selling shares to pay for them. I don’t have a choice but I am very confident that a lot of institutional buying will have emerged by then and hopefully the selling pressure will be very minimal and potentially even healthy for the stock. 

Maybe by that time any bulk selling can be lined up with buyers. That would be great.

New Message
Please login to post a reply