Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Feb 08, 2023 09:19AM
Feb 08, 2023 10:37AM
Feb 08, 2023 11:12AM
Feb 08, 2023 11:39AM

Out of curiosity I looked back to February 2022 board posts.  At that time we were floating around $7 USD, $9 CAD.  During that month notable posts that caught my attention included:

"Poet will be doing what it takes to get the share price higher in order for a successful listing on the NASDAQ at a share price that Institutional Funds can buy at."

"Finally going to the NASDAQ where institutional investors await."

"Do you realize that POET is going to list on the NASDAQ where the technical achievements and commercial production capabilities will be something that Institutional Investors embrance? Where analysts will look at the production capacity and the ownership of SPX and apply a value. Where large funds can inventory stock and where market makers are prepared to equate value."

I now pay far less heed to unsubstantiated claims that "institutional buying" is as inevitably imminent as it supposedly was 1 year ago.  Although now far more possible/likely/probable etc., hearing such claims should not alter one's investing approach.  There are lots of excellent reasons to invest in Poet and events of the past 2-3 months alone should have us well above Feb. 2022 pricing in my opinion.  However, assuming to know the moves, intentions and timing of the big houses falls somewhere between risky and ill-advised.

Regarding the NAS listing, I've become very grateful we were "too early" vs. too late.  It would be a shame to broadcast news about Sanan, CelestialAI, ADVA and Luxshare solely on the TSXV.  That would be like winking at a girl in the dark.  We seem poised for success and positioned accordingly.  However, I look forward to adding more shares on the way up - perhaps some would agree that "great time to pick up cheap shares" is increasingly unappealing (since April 2021 we've overwhelmingly traded below our 50 day average price).  Enough with the cheap shares already.  It's no longer an attractive element in any way.

2023 looks like a major pivot point, and I look to the March presentation to really get things launched.  I can't see any major roadblocks in our way at this stage, other than some pesky fundraising mechanics that shouldn't be more than a "rounding error" in our rear-view mirror soon enough.

New Message
Please login to post a reply