Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I came across this article a few days ago. This might be totaly off topic, so please, delete my post if it's not appropriate.  My question is very simple.... Is the POET technology able to achieve something like this?  This is the part of the article that caught my attention...

Apple's system apparently uses a silicon photonics chip to shine light from a laser under the skin to determine the concentration of glucose in the body. In Bloomberg's "Power On" newsletter, Gurman said that Apple "still needs to perfect the algorithms and on-board sensors" to bring the technology to market. Crucially, the company also needs to "shrink it down to the size of a module that can fit in the small and thin package that is an Apple Watch." Gurman believes this process "will take another three to seven years at least."

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/03/26/apple-watch-blood-glucose-up-to-seven-years-away/

Once again please delete if not appropriate... 

Mar 28, 2023 10:47AM
Mar 28, 2023 11:46AM
Mar 28, 2023 11:52AM
Mar 28, 2023 12:07PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply