Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dave, I've had experience in several start-ups where an engineer founded the company and served as the CEO.  At some point, in successful start-ups, the Board often chooses to replace these technical CEO's with experienced business executives.  So, I understand your point.

Respectfully, I disagree with your criticism.  Suresh is well connected and respected in the industry, and he has created a valuable company - regardless of the current share price.  If we separate an enthusiastic recognition of how unique and valuable POET's technology is (a technical analysis), and if we focus simply on bookings, revenue and pipeline (a business analysis), I believe the current share price is reasonable.   That's the way the market looks at it.  The market doesnt have an understanding of the potential for POET's technology - yet.

I have no doubt that POET's SP will increase significantly once we have qualified pipeline, bookings, and revenue.  Then, the market will become more interested and the market will begin to value the stock at higher multiples of revenue based on a more confident recognition of the potential.

So, while every company has to make changes in management in areas of the business over time, I don't "blame" any of POET's executives at this time.  I do, however, strongly believe that they neeed to set aside significant budget to hire an experienced marketing executive and execute a professional campaign designed to create market awareness - targeted for end users of the technology, potential integrators/resellers/OEM's, and the financial market (retail and institutional).  If they do this, then Suresh and Vivek can focus on what they're good at and continue to grow the business. And, as this takes off, the Board will need to evaluate executive leadership in all departments.

Your comment about a "like-minded" Board is concerning, though.  The Board will need to make difficult decisions going forward regarding funding and leadership in order to steer this company for maximum value. From what I can tell, these are experienced business people who likely understand what will be needed to create a billion dollar business.  If not, then we, as shareholders, should keep an eye on how the Board evolves.

I am comfortable with where POET is today, and I'm confident that 2024 will be a year of revenue growth and market announcements that will significantly increase the SP value.  Significantly.  POET made a lot of progress over the last year or two.  The fruits of that work will be recognized when we announce shipments, new oders, pipleline growth, billings, and revenue.  This is going to happen.

New Message
Please login to post a reply