Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Just for my own clarification, is StarLight a component that will be used in every CAI OCI (optical compute interconnect)? 

Also, “Customers can leverage the Photonic Fabric as an extension to their existing compute platforms (GPUs, CPUs, and accelerators) through licensable IP or can harness the full end-to-end benefits of the Photonic Fabric with Celestial AI's Orion™ AI accelerator.” 

Is this licensable IP inclusive of hardware (that includes StarLight), or is it the software portion of the CAI technology? (If it is both, I believe that would be the Orion chiplet itself)

If the answer is hardware, as I suspect, then CAI will also be acting as a major distributor of AI hardware inclusive of POET light sources as part of their package, which would be an enormous benefit for POET and an accelerator of their ability to capture market share in AI given CAI's stated advantages (thanks in no small part to POET). 

Benzinga is a great media outlet, POET should attempt to follow up with them and submit an article to specify what their light sources mean to CAI and what it represents to POET financially, if not in aggregate, then at least on a per processor basis. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply