Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Baba: What is bothersome to me about that percentage is that it has not changed since the first quarter. To me, that means Sanan hasn't contributed any more capital into the venture. FJ and others far more knowledgeable, do you have a different take on that stat? 

I asked something similar a while ago. Suresh  commented that Sanan would increase capacity beyond the 2 lines when that capacity is required. I suspect that would have been discussed recently on Suresh’s visit. Since it is off the shelf mature equipment I think it would be a rather quick turnaround time to commission on site there or at future JV sites.

POET’s CAPEX (as stated) is 10 times lower than the cost of a fab. The turnaround time to add production should be fairly quick. The wafers are produced in Malaysia and the electronic/optical chips/components are produced by suppliers. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply