Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The forum has become quieter and more objective again in recent days, and that's a good thing. The last few weeks have been very nerve-wracking and an unexpected shock for us all. I sympathize with everyone who has lost sight of the essentials and the facts because of all the emotions. Sometimes it's not easy to recognize the truth and not let your own anger and disappointment lead you off the path that you once saw clearly.

I have been a staunch supporter of our little gem for over a decade and until recently preferred to stay in the background and make my contribution in secret. Before I disappear into the background again and fight for our vision and our success in my own way, I would like to thank all the bright minds who have been tirelessly helping us to understand the complex terrain we are moving through for many years and helping most of those here who are not as technically savvy, including myself, to keep a clear view of what is inevitably and inexorably unfolding before our eyes. As Albert Einstein once said, "Wise is he who says hard things simply". Many thanks therefore to FJ and B&C in particular, who are irreplaceable, especially on the technical side, and help us to keep an overview.

A big thank you also to Mark Stansberry, who, in the darkest hour, comes out of nowhere with a book that explains with conviction and clarity what gigantic goals POET has set itself and how skillfully we have already been able to position ourselves. Be honest with yourself, how often has it happened that a book has been written about a company in which you have invested? Let's ignore companies like Apple, for example, where this happened long after they were successful. I can only recommend everyone to take the time in the somewhat quieter days at the end of the year to devote themselves to this literature. You are guaranteed to regain the confidence that you have recently lost.

But also a big thank you to the many others who, like me, are doing their bit in the background to change the future and whom I cannot possibly list here. Because that's what POET will do if we make it across the finish line. And we can only do that together and with trust.

Of course we all want to achieve prosperity and wealth, I want that too. But it's about much more than just money and a quick penny. It's about helping to shape the world of technology for many years to come and playing a dominant role in it. And to believe that no obstacles will be put in your way and that everything will run smoothly is definitely very naive. Even if the share price has just fallen to unprecedented lows, think about it from a different perspective: the hidden reserves on the other side are possibly higher than ever before.

Like many others here, I can see that the management has made mistakes and that it is time to deal with them objectively and with healthy self-criticism. I pointed out in an earlier post that certain signs need to be set, and I am confident that this will happen in the near future. On the other hand, I am of the opinion that it is also healthy and necessary to make mistakes and that this can even be helpful in the long term, provided you have the ability to learn from them and derive a positive benefit from them. It would be much worse not to make any mistakes at all. What should you learn from then? I still have confidence in our management to have this ability and have no doubt that they are working on it with good intentions and with all their strength and are doing everything necessary to ensure that one day we can all look back on the storms of the past with pride and a smile on our faces.

Let's start the new year with renewed energy and confidence and work as a positive team to achieve our goals. To quote Albert Einstein once again "There are many paths to happiness. One of them is to stop complaining.".

With this in mind, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2024!

New Message
Please login to post a reply