Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I am no expert, but I have some experience behind what I see happening here. 

When a stock shows a lot of upward action, it attracts traders who care little about what the company is all about. They are just attracted to the movement. They get in, ride the momentum, then exit with a profit. These are "traders". Their profit-taking causes these downward jags in the sawtooth graph of a stock on the move.

They are generally being replaced by those who want to hold a position, usually with a longer-term outlook, possibly a well-educated investor who will look for news and reasons to hold longer. 

On our forum here, are mostly the defiant long-termers who bought into the vision and mission a long time ago. They may be upside down on their shares or just holding out of a stubborn devotion to what they believe. This would be me.

I once saw a Warren Buffett clip in which he said one should only own a few stocks in one's life and know enough about the company to weather the down days, knowing the underlying business is sound. We are there, with our various agreements announced. There will be some shaky days, but fewer and fewer as the various types of investors play their games. 

PS I know most here know all of this, I just like to spell it out for a wider audience that will find this forum and benefit from what we have to say. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply