Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

From a long term shareholder.

Paragon Capital of Singapore

Paragon Alpha  

My guess is it is the Paragon Alpha fund that owns 3,333,333 shares in POET. 

The summary below was created by prompting the AI search engine Perplexity:

The Paragon Alpha I Fund adopts a versatile approach to achieve absolute returns across various market conditions. This open-ended fund invests in various global public securities markets, including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, commodities, and fixed assets. The fund has gained support from large institutional investors, leading to the creation of an institutional tranche to provide better value. This indicates confidence in the fund's strategy from sophisticated market participants.

Key features include:

1. Ability to take both long and short positions using derivatives

2. Deployment of controlled leverage methods when appropriate

3. Launched in 2018 with a strong track record, achieving a 45.62% return in 2023

4. Managed by Paul Lee, co-founder of Paragon Capital, who brings over 25 years of wealth and investment management experience from top-tier banks

Paragon Alpha I's absolute return-oriented strategy offers several key advantages:

Versatility across market conditions: 

The fund aims to achieve positive performance in all market environments over the long term. This approach allows it to potentially generate returns regardless of whether markets are trending up or down.

Broad investment scope: Paragon Alpha I invests across a wide range of global public securities markets, including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, commodities, and fixed assets. This diversification helps spread risk and capture opportunities across multiple asset classes.

Flexible positioning: The fund can take both long and short positions, using derivatives to express these views. This flexibility allows the fund managers to potentially profit from both rising and falling markets.

Use of controlled leverage: 

The fund employs controlled leverage methods when appropriate, which can potentially enhance returns when used judiciously.

Strong historical performance: Paragon Alpha I has demonstrated impressive results, achieving a total return of 45.62% in 2023 and 72.81% since its inception in October 2018. This performance placed it 17th out of 306 funds in its category according to Eurekahedge.

Experienced management: 

The fund is managed by Paul Lee, who brings over 25 years of wealth and investment management experience from top-tier banks. This expertise is crucial for navigating complex market dynamics and implementing sophisticated investment strategies.

Potential for reduced volatility: While not explicitly stated for Paragon Alpha I, absolute return strategies generally aim to provide more consistent returns with lower volatility compared to traditional long-only funds

Institutional backing: 

The fund has gained support from large institutional investors, leading to the creation of an institutional tranche to provide better value. This indicates confidence in the fund's strategy from sophisticated market participants.

By employing this multi-faceted approach, Paragon Alpha I seeks to deliver consistent positive returns while adapting to various market conditions, making it an attractive option for investors looking for potential growth and diversification in their portfolios.

New Message
Please login to post a reply