Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

POET has been designing, developing improving and offering samples of their product for years. My take is that as long as POET continues to design ever more advanced chips, then potential buyers might be afraid to get heavily involved until they see that they are not going to get yesterday's performance..... they might be waiting for the next big thing from POET. When POET announces "collaboration" or agreements with major players, that is not contracts to produce any products. POET has no large scale manufacturing ability at this time. As long as POET continues to create ever more efficient, high performance chips, I believe that the big players are going to wait it out till they are convinced that their plans are not going to be upset by another round of advanced chips that make their earlier POET purchases old technology.

In the meantime, are there other chip designers that could be competitors for POET as we tread water?

Of course, I may be all wrong, but in the absence of any concrete news it is left to the shareholders to speculate and surmise when and where this is going.

New Message
Please login to post a reply