Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I tried to read your link but I cannot (it is covered by an ad in German). 

I would suggest however that conditions are always changing. What I wrote stands. They may have been expecting NRE to develop specific architectures associated with a customers request but the bigger picture is that if one major customer has a need then it is likely that many have the same needs. So tying your wagon to any one customer is not smart if you can finance the development for yourself. And they have as far as I can tell. 

Their financial condition has dramatically changed recently which allows flexibility to fund projects on their own dime. The reference that I made to NRE is well placed…there are strings attached (IE degrees of licensing exclusivity)

I will offer a couple of well placed quotes that are several months old.

………………………………………………………………………………….

We are in an era of unprecedented customer concentration at the top.  A few companies dictate the fate of the industry.  It has become a winner take all industry in a very short span of time.  Finally - we are beginning to be relevant in that conversation.  

We have some short time angst with financing and share price, but I believe the future is bright if we can get through this negative period.  I have no choice but to look to the positives and not delve into the negative sentiments expressed by the market at large.  

It has taken a longer time than I had anticipated for the market to understand what an optical interposer can do for them - but now suddenly it is "the way it has to be".  Unfortunately, new technologies take some time to develop and evolve.  And they require much more capital than I have had access to at POET.  I think you can see how much money other companies raise to create their solutions and compare that to what we have to play with.

………………………………………………………………………………….

It is easy to recognize how quickly the landscape can change in this industry and one must stay flexible with both technology and commercialization efforts. 

Just look at Intel.

New Message
Please login to post a reply