Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

First, big thanks to Happy Doly for the DD on the Apple Patent Citations. 

Reading through the citations, it's clear they are working on IR sensing and reference POET's patents in their methodology for the Apple Watch. 

I'm not going to get super excited about this beacause it's a small bill of materials. Apple sold 38M watches in 2023, an IR sensor might be worth a few dollars? Maybe POET could do a licensing play? Regardless it would be great to be associated with Apple and welcomed revenue. 

What I would be most excited for is the fact that Apple is building it's own AI server farms. Currently it appears as they are basing their design off of Google's AI chips but maybe they pair POET OIs with their new M5 chips for their in house AI processing? They are rumoured not to be using NVIDIA. That would be huge and the Foxconn/Luxshare ties would make more sense in my mind.

New Message
Please login to post a reply