Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Sorry friends, since Lisa Thompson said the initial volume orders from CAI would be likely be about $800 million, there is some logic to a $5B valuation. We have subsequently added Luxshare and Foxconn to the stable, plus Multilane and a number of other mid-caps, plus SPX in the very large Chinese market that dominates modules. I gotta think $1B in revenue is a better forecast than some tiny amount that gets the company to some tiny valuation that represents what? $100M revenue?  

$1B in rapidly growing revenue means 5 to 10X for a market cap. That's a $5-10B company and the value of SPX needs some accounting for. 

Now, if some cash-rich, optics-hungry hyperscaler wants to hand over $50 a share today to grab all the goodies POET has created, I'm OK with that. If that happens, and CAI still has its share of the technology, I'll see you all at their IPO. 

The closing of the Pennsylvania facility is a question mark but lots of answers suffice. The money spent there is better deployed in Singapore or somewhere else in the POET network, that is all. As far as the CFO hanging around, a burst of revenue is as good of an incentive as a buyout. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply