Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I also have an issue with comparing POET to Apple, and other consumer products. It is a business to business company. This has its upsides, as once it is specified with CAI or any other major player, the sales volume is instant. That is after a whole lotta vetting, co-engineering, and a very thorough look for other methods.

Once entrenched, the tendency is to evolve and stay in the supplier relationship. 

I'd compare more closely with Qualcomm, Arista Networks, and many others. 

There is a broad front of large companies getting into business with POET, directly or indirectly. This is good, as it makes the longer shot things more possible, like wearables and sensor networks. Those also require volume, to bring manufacturing costs down. I am not holding my breath for $400 per share, but there can be an exuberance for new, exchitig things that can drive the share price beyond any calculations I've seen here.

Look at NVIDIA ratios. Not that we can match them, but they are driven by exuberance, including a lot of fans who know the gaming chips.

New Message
Please login to post a reply