Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: POET Singapore job opportunity*Product Development Engineer

Makes sense to me. There are no Chinese suppliers of EO polymer modulators. 

EO polymers will be relevant at 200G per lane. It'll become dominant at 400G per lane when new materials are absolutely required. InP could maybe be squeezed to 400G for coherent modulation, but the power consumption is going to be absolutely insane. 

Both HyperLight and Liobate are on record saying they're at least a couple years from commercializing their PIC chips. OriChip is further ahead though but I have not heard anything on their timing for volume production. Still, TFLN over 100Ghz doesn't offer driverless modulation from what I've seen and is an expensive technology. BTO drastically more expensive and immature comparatively. POET should not be looking into BTO when TFLN and EO polymer are cheaper and more mature. 

LWLG should have their 4x200 PIC chip available this year. NLM Photonics will be sampling theirs in 2026 I've heard. 

Just my .02...

New Message
Please login to post a reply