Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Rainer...You always need a firm power source for those times when the wind doesn’t blow or the sun doesn’t shine, let alone grid stability issues – you know what I am talking about. 

Unfortunately, more than just the zero contribution to system inertia. There is a high incidence of losing these resources for even normally cleared faults. The bump on the system we see when there is a nearby fault. Where your lights dim just for a moment. Wind and solar inverters tend to trip for these events. So if you lose a big unit associated with a fault on the system you're not just losing the output of that big unit you are also losing some of your wind and solar resources. I think a motor generator set would solve all these issues at these delivery points of wind and solar but that would be big bucks and would create a loss of efficiency. I am sure they have AI working on the problem...Not kidding. And when the wind becose to strong these wind turbines have to feather their blades (apply the brakes) and solar panels have to move to a horizontal position to avoid the being damaged by wind.

I hope to start a new discussion which is going to be huge for POET. and us. Big power gains are going to be coming our way as POET delivers on linear drive transceivers. Not only a huge reduction in power but a huge reduction in cost especially if the DSP supply chain becomes stressed.

New Message
Please login to post a reply