Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

As a kid, I remember when the TV stopped working, it was off to the drug store where there was a machine that tested the vaccum tubes the size of small bottles, to determine which were the faulty. 

Those tubes were soon replaced by transistors where the size of a transistor was the size of a kernel of corn -  form factor improvement.  In my teens, I remember the exact spot where I was with my hand-held transistor radio  regarding the stunning assassination of JFK. 

Now: A mind boggling 50 billion transistors can fit on a microchip the size of a fingernail.

Note:  The origin of  "having a bug in the system" goes back to the days where the early pre-transistor computing systems used vaccuum tubes that failed to operate when bugs, attracted by the light, found a way inside the tubes.

My first IT job was a computer operator. The IBM 360 mainframe had 8,192 bytes of memory (core storage where instructions executed) which had to accommodate the operating system and the applications to execute under the control of the operating system. It was mainly devices reading and writing information on cards which contained 80 bytes of information. The final output device to display the information processed by an application was a report on an IBM 1401 printer that spit out the lines at an incredible at the time, 200 lines a minute. 

My IT career evolution ended in 1999 as a systems programmer for IBM Canada's in-house systems as well as the cloud computing customers which was referred to back in the day simply as outsourcing which was dervied from the original concept of time-sharing.

I have experience in the field of data centers and computing systems.  Many analysts have nothing but a bunch of buzz words strung together to keep the paychecks rolling.  Consider the analyst as a commissioned officer in the field of battle and me as the Sergeant with many years of  actual combat experience. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply