Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: The Six Five: Talking Microsoft & Google, HP, GSA, Micron, NetApp, Intel

https://moorinsightsstrategy.com/the-six-five/the-six-five-talking-microsoft-google-hp-gsa-micron-netapp-intel/

On this episode of The Six Five Webcast, hosts Patrick Moorhead and Daniel Newman discuss the tech news stories that made headlines this week. The handpicked topics for this week are:

1. Google Complains to EU About Microsoft
  2. HP Imagine 2024
  3. Micron Q4FY24 Earnings
  4. GSA US Executive Forum
  5. NetApp Insight 2024
  6. Intel Lunar Lake Benchmarks

For a deeper dive into each topic, please click on the links above. Be sure to subscribe to The Six Five Webcast so you never miss an episode.

Watch the episode here:

(Full video and transcript at link)

Excerpt on Celestial AI

Just to wrap this up, some of the discussions with Astera Labs, SambaNova and Celestial AI on my panel. No surprises, but three to five years of innovation, model size and complexity, still going up. Cluster size, moving from 100,000 nodes to two million, and across data centers. The shift from mega-training to inference, going from 90-10 to 10-90. And specialization, right? Like ASICs and XPUs versus GPUs. And then following up the conversations and obviously SambaNova is biased. Both Celestial AI and Aster Labs, they support both, right? But both these mesh and networking companies are both working to lower power, increase performance, and lower cost, and that’s the game here in semiconductors. It is interesting, both Astera Labs and Celestial AI very much have clients out there that both you and I would know, they’re integrated into their solutions. I did get a tour of Astera Labs, saw public stuff. I saw basically an H series rack with their chips all over it, as well as an MI300 platform, and I’ll just leave it at there.

New Message
Please login to post a reply