Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Guys, this is major!!! I've had a hunch something is off with Rockley because they've been awfully quiet for a year and a half since the restructure and I think we have a clue in this video from 3 weeks ago.

Reggero Loi, Supply Chain Scientist at X-Celeprint shows a slide with many components including a Rockley laser array and states at the  37:20 mark:

"Rockley had to shut down their research center for obvious reasons"

Well, we at Poet know how close we were to shuttering down and selling the assets because of funding issues, and when it comes to burning cash, photonics has been an incinerator for decades! Rockley to the tune of over 500 million dollars minimum. They came out of bankruptcy with some more funds of approx 35 million in Jan 2023. That's 21 months ago , we haven't heard boo out of them since and the way they go through cash it's no surprise the funding is has certainly dried up. 

What has Poet done since their financial scare 10 months ago? Signed up the biggest players in the laser market (3) and the biggest players in manufacturing for the hyper scalers (2) and still has the up and coming CAI in tow with the light sources which will also attract the Ayar labs and lightmatter's (chip to chip companies) when that product matures into its next iteration, I believe Suresh or Raju are at 8 currently but have a 16 channel laser solution for the light sources upcoming.

Bottom line, Poet is thriving and our competition is having a hard time staying afloat because as we are all learning about photonic integration, if you cannot scale your product, take your ball and go home, because volume is the key the big boys require. Lower cost doesn't hurt either.

https://www.youtube.com/live/t8neh8Ur1iU?si=dOEqAVlzpp7SbjZU

New Message
Please login to post a reply