Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

A Linkedin user asked some questions. That user is an Agoracom viewer. Rather than supply private answers, I said I would post them here.     

Q How did you hear from Poet?

When Opel morphed into POET.

Q Are your conclusions based on the company's news in addition to well knowing the semiconductor industry?

Yes.  I keep on learning. My foundation is three decades of experience with data centers.  

Q Can you conclude whether Poet's products are far ahead from competition/even without competition at this point of time?

There is no competition for what POET does.

Q  Would you have thoughts why Poet has raised another 15M Dollars recently, although the cash they had would have been sufficient for operating far into 2025 / beyond?

No.       

Q Would you say Poet's OI based products can become an industry wide accepted standard/must have?

The incremental evolution will add up to recognition and acceptance. Watch the major players and see who is teaming up with whom for what. The chaos is being sorted out with collaborations. 

Q There are also non-public rumors that via MMCAP activities for Poet being taken over soon are going on. Not sure, if you can reply on that.

I have no access to non-public rumor stories. No takeover for me. Only a merger between CAI and POET makes sense to grow big fast and join the PHLX semiconductor sector.        

New Message
Please login to post a reply